Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Battery Info

The Currently installed battery in the Hanvon is made by McNair,
Battery info -

Model Number -
MLP8546105
Minimum Capacity(mAh) -
4700
Typical Capacity(mAh) -
4700
Nominal Voltage(V) -
3.7
Dimension(mm) -
Thickness
(±0.2) - 8.7
Width
(±0.5) - 105
Length
(±0.5) - 46.8
Approx
Weight(g) -
Approx.g -
92.0

Secondary Type -
Lithium ion polymer
Max Charging Current (Ic), mA -
4800
Max Charging Voltage, V dc(e)
4.40

http://www.mcnair-tech.com/en/ProductList2.asp?SortID=1&SortPath=0,28,1,

the 3 1/2 hrs i get from the battery is good enough for my journeys,
but would like the battery to give me around 5hrs,
Battery repacking is a really good option,
or buying a Li-Polymer Battery Pack 7.4 volt 6000mAh,
which can be easily found on the net
http://www.all-battery.com/74vli-polymerandli-ionbatterypacks.aspx?page=2

I wont be starting my Battery mod just yet,
going to wait a little while till i see the battery is loosing its total charge....

***UPDATE***
Having the battery repack,
and upgraded to Li-Polymer Battery Pack 7.4 volt 6000mAh
this will set you back 79quid,
getting this done is cheaper in china where it works out too 59quid,
this will also add another 600g weight pushing the total weight of the Hanvon to over 1kg...

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. I bought a similar Windows Tablet PC and wonder, if i could change the Accu. Because my Battery Pack at the Moment has got just 3000mAh. I also found the all-battery.com Page, but the Battery Pack in my Tablet PC is connected with 7 cables to the Mainboard. The Battery Packs on the all-battery Homepage have just 2 or max 5 cables. Did you just connect all of the cables to these two? Greetings from Germany. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt go through with it,
    my battery still last 3/4hrs on minimum settings so will only go down this road if the battery starts to drop charge and only gives me 2hrs,

    If you know the company who make the battery you can then find out which cells are used and email or call a company who do battery repacking and ask them,

    my mate just recently got his Sony battery repack...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    my Win7 Tablet PC can only run 2 hours with the included LiPoly battery pack, so i want to change the battery to an accu pack with 5000mAh (this is the biggest accu i found that fits in the Tablet Case). Yesterday i ordered a LiPo battery pack from HongKong. I spend the last days to inform myself about the handling of these LiPo accus (Balancer, cabling) and i will start changing the accu as soon as it arrives. I can then post my Experience, if you are still interested.

    ReplyDelete